How To Get Your Refurbs Done Faster, Better And Cheaper
Let’s be honest… Refurbishments can go either way! You might find some brilliant tradesmen, who turn up on time every day, who work hard, who save you tons of money, who finish on time and who produce an amazing job.
You fish around for someone off the internet, they’re late on the first day, they’re totally disorganised, their work is pretty rough, they demand money upfront and after a painful few weeks… you sack them!
Refurb projects can be pure Heaven or can almost literally feel like Hell, and in the latter case you’ll more than likely be cleaning up the mess and suffering with the repercussions for many months after the job has officially been ‘completed’… and this is just ONE aspect of doing a Refurb.
This cost of getting Refurbishments wrong can be astronomically expensive and humongously stressful … but the good news is that Refurbishment 101 has been lovingly and carefully crafted, to ensure that you will always run well organised and stress-free projects from this day forward.
Guaranteed to Save You Money
We have been doing Refurbs for 20+ years, with budgets ranging from a few hundred pounds to a quarter of a million pound project… and we have learnt a LOT along the way… most of it in the school of hard knocks! Within this high quality, full colour manual is the foolproof system you can use to find consistently good tradesman, make them a part of your long term team and get them working with your best interest at heart. You might say that we have created the perfect shortcut for you. There really is no need to take the long road as we have been there, done that, and are very happy to share EVERYTHING we know with you.
- Understanding your own skill set
- The essential tradesman document
- Finding your gold-dust handyman
- Cost vs reliability
- Pricing the work and getting quotes
- Spotting structural faults
- Affordable project software (Podio)
- Creating the specification
- Payment schedule
- Sequence of work
- The cookie cutter approach
- Saving money on utilities
- Laminate flooring or not?
- Installing stud walls
- Pre-empting damp problems
- Maintaining a central heating system
- Bathroom lighting regulations
- Fire alarm systems
- Fire doors and closers
- The psychology of colour
- Feature walls and design
- Quick kerb appeal
- Finishing touches
- Snagging and final payments
Guaranteed to Save You Time
Also included are sections on minimum room sizes, electrical surveys and upgrades, garage conversions, the best material suppliers, fitting internal locks, under the stairs WCs, internal floor types, tiling walls and floors, timber stud walls and how you can quickly and easily check the water pressure. Plus chapters on permitted development, building regulations, the essential LACoRS guidelines and the essential pedantic day that will ensure the finished article remains in perfect condition.
We also detail how we prepare for those quick and light Refurbs and what you need to get in place to ensure bigger projects run from start to finish without so much as a hiccup. The manual is a goldmine of information that will give you clarity, confidence and those all important Refurbishment fundamentals.
You Also Get These Valuable Downloadable Resources
- Property Viewing Sheet (Crucial)
- A Comprehensive Snagging List (Gold-dust)
- Schedule of Works Sample (Fundamental)
- Basic Schedule of Works Sample (Essential)
- Sequence of Work (Eliminate mistakes)
- Furnishing and Finishing Touches (Never miss a thing!)
- End of Refurb Cleaning Checklist (Indispensable)
- Heads of Terms + Negotiation Tips (Imperative)
- Amendments Template (Eradicate disputes)
- Bathroom Lighting Zones (Get it right)
- Gantt Chart Template (Staying in control)
- Licensing Upgrade Costings (Saving you money)
- Build Materials Checklist (Lest we forget)
- Method Statement Sample (Be legally compliant)
- LACoRS Safety Guidance (Read it at least once)
- Quick Fault Identification (Before you agree to anything!)
These are FREE Downloads you will gain access to the second you get your copy of Refurbishment 101
This is just a small portion of what’s covered in the manual; its full of the finer details and we’re sure you’ll agree that it’s ALL about the detail. This information is absolutely GUARANTEED to get your job done faster, cheaper and more efficiently.
People have been struggling and losing money in this area for too long as there’s no info-packed and really practical guide out there. They’re either too technical or too wishy-washy … Refurbishment 101 will fix that problem.